spiffing adj : excellent or splendid; "that's a perfectly spiffing idea"
- Rhymes: -ɪfɪŋ
- In the context of "upper-class colloquial British": Very good,
- We're having a picnic at the races—how spiffing!
- In the context of "upper-class colloquial British": Smart or appealing in dress or appearance.
- I say, that outfit is simply spiffing.
- 2007, "Spiffing
new image", Times Online, London, 18 May (retrieved 14 June
- Spiffing new image: ITV is developing an updated version of Spitting Image, with CGI graphics.
- Spiffing is typically used by the upper classes or in imitation of upper-class speakers.
- present participle of spiff
- The boss returned from vacation before we could finish spiffing up the office.
- Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd ed., 1989.